Die Inspiring Science Academy 2016 (ISE) ist für LehrerInnen der Naturwissenschaft gedeacht, wobei es um die Übertragung wisenschaftlicher Methoden in den Unterricht geht. Die Bewerbungsfrist für Schulen endet am 2. Februar 2016 und untenstehend findet ihr den originalen Einladungstext. Viel Spaß!
Join the Inspiring Science Education Academy 2016 in Greece, July 10-15 2016!
The Inspiring Science Education Academy 2016 (ISE) is specifically designed for teaching professionals in STEM disciplines and consists of several courses. The main objectives of all ISE courses are to introduce teachers to implementing Inquire Based Science Education (IBSE). Teachers and education professionals will be trained in transferring the concept of scientific methodology into the classroom and linking it with the numerous collections of open digital educational resources to design innovative educational scenarios.
By joining the course, you will be trained to:
- Know and understand the concepts and skills of inquiry based science education (IBSE)
- Bring into your classroom a unique collection of digital resources and tools
- Appropriately select and exploit freely available digital tools and resources to create educational scenarios that
- Understand the concept of “Big Ideas of Science” as a mean of building multidisciplinary activities;
- Be able to develop strategies on how to embody new methodologies into the curriculum and science teaching practice;
- Be acquainted with the potential of popular social media tools, science outreach websites and European teachers’ communities;
- Be part of the ISE community where teachers, teacher trainers, education policy makers, practicing scientists and others are included to discuss their learning and teaching practices and exchange ideas
- Have experienced a creative and inspired working atmosphere as well as a culture of collaboration among teachers of different science disciplines in organizing multidisciplinary activities
Participation in the course can be funded through the ERASMUS+ Program. The deadline for schools’ applications is February 2nd, 2016, 12:00 CET. If you are interested in participating in the Inspiring Science Education Academy, we can support you in preparing a successful application:
Should you be interested to come to the ISE Academy, we invite you to participate in a dedicated webinar offered by the course organizers from Ellinogermaniki Agogi on
Tuesday, 22nd of December, 14:00-16:00h CET.
The webinar will be accessible through this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPoGvFika70
To find out more about the ISE 2016 Academy please visit our website and join our community in the Inspiring Science Portal.